Tuesday, May 09, 2006

How to work with John Friesen,
and 9 good reasons why you ought to

Let's start with why...

1. I’m knowledgeable in all areas of direct response marketing, with years of experience and countless examples of highly successful work. Let me know when you want to see some of them.

2. I start my work by trying to understand your customers.

3. You can get a full range of the services you want from me: strategy, research, concepts, design and copy, production and project management, and campaign analysis.

4. Although I have received several awards for my work -- Gold and Silver RSVP awards and the Golden Lotus award -- I believe, in the words of direct response genius Lester Wunderman, that "The only thing that matters is results!"

5. Whatever
industry you may be in, chances are I've worked in it, from high tech to financial services, from travel and leisure to automotive and retail sales.

6. Pick your media -- or better still, an integrated mix of media that will get you maximum returns. I've worked in
all media, online and offline, from print and TV, to direct mail, email and web-based advertising and marketing.

7. You can rely on me for
effective communications materials: direct mail letters, brochures, ads, feature articles, speeches and presentation materials, film, TV and video scripts, press releases and IR support, newsletters, emails, banner ads, case studies, white papers, annual reports, manuals and product guides, and more.

8. Need results fast? I can turn your project or campaign around in far less time than you might think – for a rush fee, of course.


9. I’m
resourceful and inventive, and completely focussed on getting better results for you.


Now, here's how to work with me...


1. FREE CONSULTATION: Decide what you need, or consult with me for a recommendation. Initial consultations are always free.


2. FLEXIBLE RATES: Depending on what your project needs are, I can work with you on retainer, for a fixed fee, or on an hourly rate. I’m also open to projects that reward me for results.


3. FIND ME EASILY: You can reach me by calling 604-812-1332, or by sending an email to
jffriesen@shaw.ca

4. FAST WORK: Direct mail campaigns normally take 6 to 8 weeks to complete, at a minimum. However, I have turned projects around in as little as 10 to 15 days. It depends on the work you need and the amount of research necessary. Simpler projects, such as brochures or sales letters take less time, though I prefer to have 2 - 3 weeks to fit you into my schedule and give you my best work. But whatever the timing is, you can rest assured I meet all agreed-to deadlines.


5. REVISIONS: Revisions are included in my fees; they include correcting omissions and factual errors, spelling, grammar, style and organization of the work. However, if your revisions are based on new information or a change of direction, I reserve the right to renegotiate my fees.


6. ADVANCES: Normally, I ask for a 50% deposit before beginning work. If you have a major project spanning more than 30 days, then we can arrange for progress payments, beginning with 1/3 in advance. Final payments are due within 7 days of delivering the completed, approved work.


7. KILL FEES: If you decide to cancel a project after I’ve begun, a kill fee in the amount of your deposit applies. The same kill fee applies if you cancel after the first draft. However, if you request one or more revisions before cancelling, my entire fee applies.



Try me the next time you need a direct mail package, a sales letter, or any other writing for marketing or corporate communications.

I'm sure you'll be delighted with the results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home